[Skip to Content]
Parents/Caretakers Information
Go to Child Support Process


Locate a Parent


To obtain or enforce an order, we must know where the noncustodial parent (NCP) lives and works. The custodial party (CP) can help locate the NCP by providing the Child Support Services Department with as much information as possible. This will speed up the child support process. See Open a Case for more information.


We use key information provided by the CP, such as the NCP’s full name, social security number, and date of birth, to search databases maintained by the following agencies:  Department of Motor Vehicles, Employment Development Department, Franchise Tax Board, California and Federal Parent Locator Services, social services agencies, credit reporting agencies, and law enforcement agencies.



To learn more about the Child Support Process, please click on one of the following links:


Overview / Open a Case / Establish Paternity / Establish a Court Order / Enforcing a Court Order / Out-of-State / Close a Case / Locate a Parent FAQs