[Skip to Content]
Parents/Caretakers Information
Go to Child Support Process


Establish a Court Order




If the noncustodial parent (NCP) is located and there is no court order, we will file a case with the court to obtain a court order for parentage (legal parent-child relationship), child support and medical support. This court order is called a Judgment.


We will serve the NCP with child support papers that contain a Summons, Complaint and Proposed Judgment (S&C). The S&C will include a proposed child support amount based on guidelines required by law. The guidelines use a standard formula for determining the child support amount, although the judicial officer may change the amount under limited circumstances.


To learn more about the Child Support Process, please click on one of the following links:


Overview / Open a Case / Locate a Parent / Establish PaternityEnforcing a Court Order / Out-of-State / Close a Case / Establish a Court Order FAQs