[Skip to Content]
Parents/Caretakers Information
Go to Reduce My Debt


Overview of Compromise Programs


If you owe child support arrears to the government because your child received public assistance (“welfare” or foster care), you may qualify for one of California’s arrears reduction programs.



To learn more about the Reduce My Debt programs, please click on one of the following links:


Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP) / Compromise of Assigned Arrearages-Family Reunification (COAA-FR) / Reduce My Debt FAQs