Going to Court
What to Bring with You

If you received a letter from CSSD telling you to come to court you MUST bring that letter with you.

If the case involves determining the correct amount of support for your child(ren), the judicial officer will need proof of your income and other factors that are used in calculating support. Please bring ALL documents that apply from the following list:

  • Tax returns for the past two (2) years. If self-employed, bring Schedule “C” and current profit-and-loss statement
  • Last three (3) paycheck stubs
  • Proof of unemployment benefits
  • Proof of disability and/or disability benefits
  • Proof of health insurance premium payments
  • Proof of child care expenses
  • Proof of child support and/or spousal support paid by you for any other relationship
  • Proof of visitation/timeshare (time spent with the child)
  • Proof of biological or legally adopted children living with you
  • Proof of mortgage payments and property tax bill
  • All loan applications (whether or not the loan was granted) for the last two (2) years
  • Any other documents or information the judicial officer or CSSD has told you to bring
You must also complete an Income and Expense Declaration (FL-150) and bring it with you to court. Need help filling out the Income and Expense Declaration for your next court date? Please view this short video. 
Why these Documents are Needed

In California there is a standard formula (“statewide uniform guideline”) that our office and the judicial officers must use to calculate how much child support should be paid. The information above is needed for that formula. For more information on calculating child support, see Calculating Child Support.

I&E Project from CSSD on Vimeo.