Locate a Parent

To obtain or enforce an order, we must know where the Person Paying Support (PPS) lives and works. The Person Receiving Support (PRS) can help locate the PPS by providing the Child Support Services Department with as much information as possible. This will speed up the child support process. See Open a Case for more information.

We use key information provided by the PRS, such as the PPS’s full name, social security number, and date of birth, to search databases maintained by the following agencies:  Department of Motor Vehicles, Employment Development Department, Franchise Tax Board, California and Federal Parent Locator Services, social services agencies, credit reporting agencies, and law enforcement agencies.

Go to Open a Case Go to Establishing Paternity

Skip to content